Spectral Geoscience Pty Ltd provide international sales, support and training for TSG™.
TSG™ purchased via the secure CSIRO sales portal link below will entitle users to support and discounted training from Spectral Geoscience.
VISA and Mastercard accepted. Alternatively, TSG™ may be purchased through Spectral Geoscience via purchase order.
How To Proceed
- Download the free TSG Base licence here.
- Install TSG.
- Open TSG. Under TSG’s Help->Licence menu; activate the licence, then click ‘Purchase time’.
- Your web browser will open on TSG’s online store, purchase the time-block licence to meet your needs.
- After the purchase, click Refresh back in TSG’s licence dialog.
TSG’s new licensing system works with an online licence server. Licenses are available 24 hours a day and purchases are made online by Visa or Mastercard. You can have TSG installed and licensed in a few minutes.
TSG™ 8 NEW flexible, cost effective time block licensing
- Choose a time block licence period from 24 hours to 3 years.
- Prices start from $85 (see below).
- Upgrades released during your purchased time block are automatically installed.
- No annual maintenance costs.
NOTE: TSG 8 is NOT backward compatible.
TSG™ Licence Period and Pricing
$AUD ex GST (July 1, 2017)
Qualitative and quantitative mineral results generated in TSG improve geologists’ efficiency, productivity and knowledge-base, leading to actionable insights and informed decision-making.
TSG works directly with hyperspectral data collected from drill core, chips and field samples acquired by:
- Hand-held infrared spectrometers (e.g. ASD’s TerraSpec® and Spectral Evolution’s oreXpress).
- HyLoggers, the CSIRO-developed automated hyperspectral core logging systems, located in each Australian Geological Survey, commercialised by Corescan Pty Ltd.
Developed by geologists, for geologists. TSG supports multi-disciplinary geoscientific endeavours across the exploration-mining chain.
TSG is developed by, and marketed under license from, the Commonwealth Scientific Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO). Spectral Geoscience is a CSIRO authorised sales affiliate of TSG. New timed licensing and pricing options provide flexible options for TSG users to manage the timed access according to project and company needs, removing the upfront costs of software ownership. TSG subscribers receive the latest TSG software updates as they are released.
Melissa Quigley is Spectral Geoscience’s Principal Spectral Geologist and is a leading specialist in the operation, application and training of TSG to address industry related challenges across the exploration-mining value chain. Melissa is proficient in the analysis of VNIR-SWIR+TIR data in TSG and contributed to the development of TSG during her 15 years working at CSIRO Mineral Resources. TSG continues to be developed by CSIRO and Melissa retains a close association with the organisation as a TSG beta tester and authorised sales affiliate.
NEW TSG™ version 8 now available!
- Download, install and explore The Spectral Geologist (TSG) version 8 for FREE.
- TSG software performs as a FREE Viewer until a time block licence is purchased.
- TSG reverts to the FREE Viewer after a time block licence expires.
- Subsequent TSG time block licences can be purchased.
- Contact Spectral Geo for a FREE demonstration dataset in TSG 8 format.
More about TSG™Identifying the mineralogy in drill core, chips, soils and grab samples is a primary objective for successful mineral exploration, mine planning and development, geometallurgical flow sheet design and environmental-remediation practices. TSG supports geoscientists at each step in the exploration-mining value chain by providing rapid characterisation results of infrared-active mineralogy to generate actionable insights. Complimentary datasets such as assays, lithology logs and down-hole geophysical results, can be imported to evaluate the spatial relationships with the spectro-mineralogical results generated in TSG. TSG can process thousands of spectra on-the-fly and rapidly generate mineral information critical for the characterisation of the regolith, host rock and alteration associated with ore deposits. TSG is designed for the interactive analysis and visualisation of infrared spectra, mineralogical results, associated imagery and ancillary data. Users are provided with several analysis options for extracting mineral information from infrared spectra. These range from a first-pass automated interpretation using built-in algorithms to more sophisticated scalar-based tools for the experienced user. NEWLY RELEASED TSG Version 8 contains:
- New functionality.
- New algorithms for the automated interpretation of spectra (TSA+ for the SWIR and jCLST for the TIR).
- Improved spectral libraries.
- Enhancements to take full advantage of VNIR-SWIR+TIR data collected with HyLogger hyperspectral core logging systems.
Results generated from TSG can include:
- Mineral identification
- Relative abundance
- Compositional changes within a mineral group (e.g. Al-Fe/Mg in white micas and Fe-Mg in chlorites).
Products generated can include:
- Down-hole, depth-registered logs of mineralogy and associated attributes (alpha and numeric formats).
- Scatter plots and histograms saved as JPG, PNG, EMF and TIF.
- CSV files exported for easy integration with third party software. Down-sampling optional (e.g. 2m composites).
- HyLogger imagery export of automatically configured and labelled core trays and mosaics of core trays per drill hole.
TSG is a 64-bit Windows based software program.
TSG version 8 replaces all earlier versions (e.g. TSG Pro, Core, HotCore and Enterprise) and bundles the previously seperated functionality into one powerful package, TSG 8. There is now only one ‘TSG’ and the free ‘ TSG Viewer’.
TSG 8 is not backward compatible. Once a dataset is opened in TSG 8, it can no longer be opened in a previous version of TSG. Learn More